Continuing Education (CE)
If you would like to take CE Credits:
- You may choose between our self paced Continuing Education Courses by clicking here.
- Or you may take the Property Management Certificate Class for 6 NJ elective credits.
The below information is taken directly from the Continuing Education Information page of the New Jersey Real Estate Commission.
In order to qualify for license renewal or reinstatement, every individual renewing their license as a broker of record, broker-salesperson or salesperson must satisfy at least ONE of the below CE requirements (those renewing as referral agents do not need CE):
– Salespersons initially licensed in the FIRST year of the NJ real estate license term ARE REQUIRED to complete CE requirements in order to renew their license for the next term (i.e., a licensee who obtained their license before July 1, 2018 will be required to complete CE requirements to renew their license for the term beginning July 1, 2019).
– Salespersons initially licensed in the SECOND year of the NJ real estate license term shall not be required to fulfill any continuing education to renew their license upon the conclusion of that license term. (i.e., a licensee who obtained their license after July 1, 2018 will not be required to complete CE requirements to renew for the term beginning July 1, 2019).
|Please be aware:
– All 12 credit hours for the current biennial timeframe must be completed before the CE Deadline of April 30, 2019. Failure to comply will result in a mandatory $200 late CE fee.
– It will take approximately 10 business days for the confirmation of your completed continuing education to be transferred from your CE Provider to the testing vendor to the Real Estate Commission.
|Real estate salespersons, broker-salespersons and brokers are required to complete 12 hours of CE per license term in order to renew their license for the next license term. See N.J.A.C. 11:5-12.3(a). At least six of the 12 hours must be in the following core topics. See N.J.A.C. 11:5-12.4(a)1-8 and 11:5-12.4(c):
|The following are approved as topics for elective courses. See N.J.A.C. 11:5-12.13(a)1-9.
|Waivers from CE requirements may be granted either in whole or in part for:
Licensees granted a waiver from CE requirements (with the exception of those for active duty military service), will have to make up the waived core course(s) missed in the next license term in addition to all of the credits required for that license term as a condition of license renewal for the license term following when the waiver was issued. (For example, if six core credits were waived, a licensee will have to complete a total of 18 in the next license term.) See N.J.A.C. 11:5-12.5(f).
Any waived elective courses will not have to be completed by a real estate licensee. See N.J.A.C. 11:5-12.5(g).
Check Your Own Continuing Education Status
Licensees – Logon to PSI Continuing Education Online to:
Problems logging in? Please contact PSI Support.
For all Continuing Education related questions, contact:
New Jersey Real Estate Commission